According to the 2018 Global Software Survey from BSA, the commercial value of unlicensed software worldwide is a staggering $46.3 billion. An equally distressing statistic: 37% of all software installed on personal computers is unlicensed. Find out how KEYLOK prevents your software from becoming part of this rampant underground market.
Software piracy takes two forms: unintentional and intentional.
- Unintentional Software Piracy: Overuse and copying without malicious intent is a common form of piracy. Very often, busy managers inadvertently fail to ensure that usage corresponds with the number of purchased licenses.
- Intentional Software Piracy: This includes businesses that knowingly buy fewer licenses than needed and use illegal copies to reduce costs. Far more damaging are criminal organizations that crack expensive software products and sell them on the black market. Individuals often acquire cracked copies via the web.
How KEYLOK Keeps Your Software From Being Copied and Pirated
KEYLOK creates a relationship between the software being distributed and the dongle through API inclusion, automatic software protection, or, for greatest protection, both. During runtime, your application checks for the presence of a dongle with a valid license. In the event your software is distributed for unlicensed use, it fails to run without the dongle, so you vastly reduce the risk of both intentional and unintentional unauthorized use.
KEYLOK offers these key advantages:
- In minutes, use our robust sample code to integrate copy protection into your applications.
- Multiple dongle form factors and features sets means there is a dongle right for any situation
- With KEYLOK Shell automatic software protection, you don’t need to change even a single line of existing code – or recompile
- On your legacy products, use our sample code archive to protect your older systems
- Custom Branding turns keys into an extension of your brand and makes for easy identification
- Industry leading sales and support won't hinder sales and distribution of your software
Benefits KEYLOK Copy Protection Provides for Your Business
- By reducing or eliminating illegal use of your software via KEYLOK dongles, you increase revenue
- Utilize flexible ways to maximize revenue by licensing your software based on number of uses, actions, concurrent users, feature set, or time period
- Our easy-to-use, plug-and-play dongle streamlines the licensing process for end users; no complicated, support intensive, driver installation needed
- Because all license information is contained on the KEYLOK dongle, no internet connection is required, allowing you to license software in offline locations
- KEYLOK dongles come with a 38-year history of full backward compatibility, to eliminate concerns about replacing all your dongles in the future
Is KEYLOK USB Dongle Protection Right for You? Accept a FREE Trial and Find Out
More than 1,000,000 global users have benefited from KEYLOK high-security dongles. Are they right for you? The best way to find out is to put KEYLOK to the test with our FREE Software Developer’s Kit. Your SDK includes sample code in over 75 languages and a fully functional dongle to ensure it’s the right fit. Request your FREE KEYLOK SDK today! Have questions? Call us at 1.800.4.KEYLOK or use our convenient contact form.